Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Good news and a happy spirit!

Hello!
Okay, so not a whole lot of time here. I didn’t write yesterday because today was our P-day.  We went to the temple!  It was very nice! We went to the Newport Beach Temple. We almost didn't get in because we forgot our white pants. Fortunately, we were able to borrow some from the other missionaries that were on their way out. I'll send pictures soon.
Another Highlight from this week was attending Gloria and Johnny’s wedding!  Johnny is our ward mission leader.  We had such a great time helping with everything for that.  Can’t believe we got to count it as service too. And actually Elder Dain came back to visit so we got to spend time with him at their wedding as well. It's was crazy seeing him and Elder Sturgell together. It was like two worlds colliding for me!
Speaking of weddings, did I ever mention Charles and Sovania are getting married? I can’t believe that’s getting closer and closer.  I'm so excited! Although they aren't in my area anymore, I still feel like I had a special part in their conversion because Elder Skidmore and I found and baptized Charles.  And we worked really hard to get Sovania on board too. And now they're getting married and Sovania should be getting baptized here soon as well! Possibly on the same day as Thia!
Speaking of which, Thia’s grandpa called back and said he could come to his baptism on the 16th for sure. So we're not planning on that. It's so awesome! It was super cool to see Thia at church last Sunday in his white shirt and tie and just their whole family sitting there together singing the hymns and whatnot. Wow!!!!! He's going to be a great priesthood leader for our ward!
Alright, we're off already.  We’re heading to a baptism tonight for the other Elders (Elder Low and Skidmore). Exciting for them! His name is Andrew and he is such a great guy! His family is actually getting baptized over in Cambodia as well! It's neat story for another time.

Much love,
Elder Hicken

No comments: