Dear family and friends,
12-31-12
So my computer just shut off and I lost everything I had
written. Grr. I’ll try and
quickly summarize what I had before.
Happy New Year.
This week was really good. We are continuing to be blessed with
opportunities to teach. Ever since Elder Sturgell got here we've never had a
problem getting lessons. He's a great missionary! We’re really doing well
together and enjoy each other's company. Except I guess I wake him up sometimes
at night. Apparently I sleep talk a lot. He said I even sleep talk in Cambodian. But he always forgets
what I say. I thought that was pretty cool that I talk in Cambodian. It's like
I'm practicing even when I'm not! :)
Anyways, Thea is doing great. We haven't been able to meet with him
since he got baptized but he still seems to be doing very well. He comes to
church every week and stays for all the meetings. It's almost a good thing that
his busy schedule keeps us from meeting. I mean, he's got a job and a life! When
members are grounded like that I think they are able to make a much better
contributions to the church. I think for now we'll just continue to be his
friend. And hopefully we’ll be able
to follow up with him soon-his reading and any questions he might have. (maybe at church, or whenever else we
see him)
We met with Heng twice this week. Saturday we taught him the Word of
Wisdom. That’s going to be a tough hurdle for him to leap, but we know he can do
it. In our lesson we told him the five things we've been commanded to refrain
from putting into our bodies and he said he currently uses all of them! But we
were able to bear testimony that the Lord can help him and that we know he can
do it! Unfortunately though, he wasn't at church yesterday. It was the first
time since we've started teaching him that he hasn't come. Hopefully he was just
sick or something.
Other than that we've got some great potentials. This week we had
lessons and found several investigators. For example, last night we found this
nice little family that just had a lot of questions about Christianity in
general. They wanted to learn about
this because their 10 year old daughter has been curious about God. We're
especially excited about them.
That's about it for this week. Thank you for all your prayers! And
thank you for all the cards and packages I received! Wow! So many people sent me
things. It was very fun! I felt very loved and remembered! Thank you thank you!
Hope everybody had a merry Christmas and will have a happy New
Year!
Elder Hicken


No comments:
Post a Comment