Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter, Egg rolling, and Egg sandwiches


Dear family and friends,
I'm going to apologize right off the bat because we're rushed for time again! Man! The last few P-days have just been SO crazy! (Getting bikes, figuring out haircuts, shopping, rides, buildings being closed, etc.)
Anyways, it was a good week. (Have I ever not said "it's been a good week"?) I'm really liking this area and working in this amazing ward! Everybody is way cool and super missionary minded which is great! We had several members come on splits with us, and before we could say anything they'll just be like, "Oh I'm sorry I don't have anyone for you to teach."  Then they promise to have somebody by next week. It's so great!
We had several good experiences this week doing missionary work with the ward. We were able to go on splits with the Priests. We actually found this family that could totally be baptized coming up here pretty soon. We just need to help soften the dad's heart. Also, we were able to have lunch with this sweet old couple. It was a member referral. We had such a great lesson.  You could just feel how much this member cared for this couple, and how much he really wanted them to accept the gospel. Unfortunately it was a no go. This couple is just not wanting to make changes at this point in their lives. However, the member promised us that he's going to keep in contact with them and keep trying!
Easter was great! We had a wonderful service, and some really good food! Lots of people came including Sis Taylor's daughter (Jenny) , son in-law (Mike) and their two kids (Andy and Emma) who never come! Granted, it is Easter but it was still really good to see such a great turn out!
Did anyone egg roll? I couldn't help but think about egg rolling as everyone was doing their egg hunts and egg decorating!
And speaking of eggs, I’ve got this kinda funny story. So I make this really good and kinda weird egg sandwich for lunch whenever I get a chance. It's four pieces of bread, three eggs, two hot dogs, cheese, BBQ sauce and salsa. Jenny, Sister Taylor’s daughter, usually comes in and out of the kitchen and she always comments on it. So I told her I would make everyone lunch this week so that they could all try it! Friday I'll be doing that. Wish me luck!

Alright I gotta go!

Love Elder Hicken

No comments: