Hello!
So I’ve got 15 minutes to write both this letter and
president's letter! Sorry this is gunna be real quick!
I guess the biggest news for the week would be transfers!
Elder Jolley and I are still companions and we're still in the same
area/ward. However, I was released
as a district leader and called to be a zone leader. That’s very humbling. I'm
nervous because zone leaders have pretty big responsibilities and a lot of
missionaries to oversee while still training at the same time. But I'm glad to
have an even greater opportunity to learn and to grow, so it'll be good. I’m
trying to trust in the Lord.
Also, I want to say that I know this church is true! Man!
My time here in Huntington Beach has just been a real testimony builder for me.
It's amazing to see people get sucked into following paid pastors that loosely
interpret the scriptures and preach according to what people want to hear so
they'll have enough members and money. As a result of this, people get so lost
and mislead. They're missing true revelation, priesthood, and prophets! What a
blessing it is that we have prophets and apostles. What we teach is in exact accordance
with the Bible, history, and sheer logic. It is truly a restoration of Christ’s
original church. I’m more sure of that than ever before. The fullness of the
gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth today and I know this is the true church.
It's amazing how all questions can be answered through the restored gospel. I love how it all ties together. And I
love how most people who join our church just get this "feeling" and they join
on faith! They often don't even realize how it has all the parts of Christ’s
original church right away, but still they decide to get baptized because the
spirit confirms what they already know is true! It's an amazing thing to me.
(hope that made sense)
Anyways gotta go!
Love Elder Hicken


No comments:
Post a Comment