Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Flushed

Dear family and friends,                                                                     4-15-13
Okay this is going to have to be quick! It's another CRAZY P-day.
Funny story, I woke up one morning and found myself standing next to a flushing toilet. Went to take out my retainer and guess what?  POP, it fell right into the toilet. Dang. Dad any chance I can get another one? Just the top one. I tried to just laugh about it but I’m a bit sad. Luckily no problem with Sis Taylor's toilet!
I did make lunch for everyone! Sweet baby rays BBQ sauce sandwiches-yum! They thought it was fun but I don't think they liked it. hahaha. It’s okay. I warned them it was pretty weird! Maybe it's all the Cambodian food I’ve had that has changed my taste buds!
WE HAD AN INVESTIGATOR AT CHURCH! YAAYYYY!!! He made it clear that he was only visiting and wasn't about to be converted, but he had a really good experience. Man! I just need to mention again that our members are awesome, really awesome! Everybody was super welcoming and introduced themselves. How grateful I was for that! His name is Steve. (like Uncle Steve) He's an amazing guy! He is so close to the truth but he's just caught up in a few things. It's going to have to come down to that spiritual witness for him, like it always does. The Holy Ghost truly is the great teacher. Steve might take a little bit longer but I think he really could get baptized as long as he continues to meet with us and feel the spirit.
We feel very blessed to be in this area. We get to meet with so many intelligent and successful people who are full of incredible ideas and questions. They're really helping me learn!
Gotta go!
Love,
Elder Hicken

No comments: