Monday, August 6, 2012

New pictures posted!


Hi family,
    So here [and here]are some pictures...sorry they're nothing special. I'm so bad at taking pictures. Hopefully it at least gives you an idea of the people I've been working with and the area where I’m serving.

    Okay this week was better. Elder Dain was actually almost going to go home this week but he decided that he wants to finish.  I’m glad we're doing better work now.
    I'm really excited about Alana’s progress. She has a strong desire to learn.  She was originally just looking to learn more about "American Religions" in general. She's very buddhist and she was previously a buddhist munk. But after our lesson this week she said she'd be open to the idea that there is only one God.  She committed to praying about it.
    We still haven't heard anything from Peter. Sneat, one of the members, actually works at the same place Peter does and sees him sometimes on his way out. (they work different shifts) So he said he's going to try and talk to him and stuff. That would be great.
     Unfortunately Sopha dropped us this week. She said she just didn't really have time. So I guess we'll just try and meet with her less-active daughter and maybe that will eventually help her gain a desire to learn again.
    Jimmy and Sandy, second week in a row that we missed them. We'll still keep trying but we may have to drop them as well. So pretty much that puts us back to the drawing board and we now need to really pick up the finding. We're going to try and work with the members a lot and see if we can get some good results there.

Sorry it's so short this week. It's just been crazy with Elder Owen and Atwood going home and getting ready for the two new Elders to get here.  We actually have to go and pick them up from their interviews right now.

I love you all!

Elder Hicken

No comments: