Monday, August 26, 2013

Farewell to Elder Burbank

Dear Family and Friends,
So the big hype this week is that Elder Burbank is going home tomorrow. Yesterday was his special sacrament meeting, potluck, and departure fireside that they do here. His parents actually came to pick him up, and they got permission to attend all the events that took place. Today we’re going to eat at Sunra's house all together. Elder Burbank's parents loved coming and said they would recommend it.
Anyways, not very much changed with transfers this week. But now Elder Fowler and I are serving as zone leaders together, and Elder Sturgell is a District leader. It'll be a fun transfer. I enjoy being companions with Elder Fowler. We work well together. And there's good stuff going on in our area. We've got several investigators with dates. Sebastian is planning to get baptized on September 8th. We're really excited about that. As we taught a lesson with him this week, his sister sat in as well. That was awesome! Updates to come!
Hey, one of our potential investigators just walked in to the UCC (United Cambodian Community center) where we're emailing today.  I better go talk to her, so I'm going to have to cut it short. Sorry, but I figure it's a good excuse :)

Love,
Elder Hicken

No comments: