Monday, August 19, 2013

New Cambodian Elders!

Dear Family and Friends,
            So, big changes this week---the two new Cambodian elders arrived! Elders Sturgell and Low were called to be their trainers. Elder Burbank and I got transferred over to the car area with Elder Fowler. Crazy! Our area was white-washed (meaning Elders that haven't been in the area are transferred in) and the new Elders serving there are Elders Low, Clawson and Liddell (one of the new missionaries). It was quite a shock. I don't think any of us saw it coming. At first, I was kind of sad to leave so many people that I’ve really enjoyed working with. I've developed a deep love for these people. Also, I love serving in Cambodia town, right in the middle of lots of Cambodians. But I just try to remember that the only thing that matters is what the Lord wants. If He wants me back in the car area, then that's where I'll be. It’s great that I know the streets and most of the people. I'm also excited to try to water some of the seeds I planted before leaving last time. Elder Low will do a great job with the investigators Elder Burbank and I left behind. We actually left quite a few investigators, including several with baptismal dates.  Exciting!
So now I'm back in the car area. At the beginning of the week, things were a bit slow. Thankfully we had an awesome last couple days though. Two new investigators and 3 new baptismal dates last night! With regular Sunday meetings, we only had 4 hours to proselyte but still managed to get all that done. We are super excited and feel really blessed! We're especially excited about this 15 year old kid named Sebastian. He's Thea's nephew. Their family has wanted him to learn about the gospel for the longest time. When we told them he was now taking the lessons and that he had committed to be baptized, Thea got so excited he hugged us! I don't think I’ve ever felt so happy about someone committing to be baptized. I love Thea and his family! They are the best! They’ve made such amazing progress. It’s awesome to see them continue to grow!
And speaking of blessings, our Zone has had lots of success lately. We are leading the mission in baptisms! Also, our mission smashed “A Member Present Lesson” record this week. I don't know if it's the Lord preparing more souls, missionaries being extra excited, recent Mission President trainings, or probably all the above, but it's great! I love this work and I love this gospel!
Thank you for your prayers and support!

Love,
Elder Hicken

No comments: