Hello Everyone!
This week was awesome! I just feel really blessed that the Lord has been sending us so many people to teach! Honestly, two weeks ago we didn't have much going on in our area at all, and now, I don't think I've ever been busier. Elder Dain had an awesome last week. He was definitely making great efforts to finish out strong and I believe we were blessed because of it. I'm so glad he finished. He is an example to me of someone who has continuing faith despite tremendous trials. I just can't believe he's going home tomorrow...crazy. Every time I see someone go home (even though I've only seen it once before) it reminds me of how fast my mission is going. He said the time just flew by for him, and I can kind of relate to that already. When I think that I've been out for seven months now, it really has flown by.
With Elder Dain going home, I’ll be combining the car and bike area! I'm really excited about that opportunity!! It will only be combined for the next four weeks until Elder Stergel gets here, but it’s going to be awesome! He’s the new Elder that will be replacing Elder Dain. Right now both areas are really busy, which is good. I think we will be able to weed out those who are ready and those who are not. And for those who are not, we can just save them for later when they may be a little more prepared.
I think Elder Fowler, Elder Skidmore and I will work very well together. We get along great in the apartment and I think it'll just carry on through these next four weeks as companions. Also, it will be good to have Elder Skidmore again-as an example and as a language resource in preparation for Elder Stergel coming. Oh, I forgot to mention that Friday morning I got a call from the Assistants. They said that I am going to be training this new missionary, Elder Stergel! I'm super excited! I didn't think I'd have this opportunity this early in my mission, but I am very thankful for it. However, I will admit, I am a little anxious. I've never even been a senior companion before, although I did pretty much lead Elder Dain, but still. I just hope I'm ready. And I hope my Cambodian will be good enough. I hope I have learned all that I need to in order to help this new elder learn everything he needs to learn to start his mission off right. Right now, I'm just trying to prepare as much as I can, and praying the Lord will make up for the rest. President said this is what God wants to happen this transfer, so I'm sure it'll all work out. It should be really fun. I'm optimistic some really good things are soon to come this transfer!
Exciting times!
Love,
Elder Hicken


No comments:
Post a Comment