Mission Office address: Elder Joseph Alan Hicken California Long Beach Mission 6500 E Atherton St. Long Beach, CA 90815
Convenient Mail Service: Forget driving to the post office. How about this: You type the letter, you pay for the stamp, and they put it in the mail for you! www.dearelder.com
Ready to teach and preach and work as missionaries do.
I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. {1Nephi 3:7}
Testimony of Christ and Missionary Work
I often think of the hymn, “I Know That My Redeemer Lives.” I love that song. We actually sing it a lot here in my mission because it's one of the only ones we have in Cambodian. I can honestly say that when I sing that song, I really mean what I'm singing. I know that He lives. As I do what He wants me to do, I can feel His spirit and His influence often. With His help I am able to overcome obstacles and other challenges. How grateful I am for that. I know that He knows and loves each and every one of us individually. I’ve come to realize that He knows us even better than we know ourselves, and so He knows what's best for us. Sometimes what's best for us means that we need to be pushed a little. It's times when I'm feeling especially down and times when I feel like I'm on my own that He literally picks me up and helps me see that I can keep going. He helps me know that everything is going to be okay. It's been in those times when I can feel His love the most. He can bless all of us in our lives if we will but believe in him and try and do what He asks us to do. That's why it's such a privilege serving as a missionary right now. I get to share this special message with others every day so other people can enjoy the peace and incredible blessings that come as we all try to follow Jesus Christ.
We're Changing Lives
I know that as we participate in this work of salvation, we're changing lives for eternity. It's wonderful to be a part of. We can all be a part of it, whether we have a full time missionary badge on our shirt or a badge on our heart. The Savior lives. "He's real just as we are real. He's not only to be idealized but also realized." (Hugh B. Brown)
No comments:
Post a Comment