Monday, February 10, 2014

Joseph's Last Letter

Dear Family and friends,

So I guess this is my last letter. I don't really like to think about that. I'm going to miss so many things. As I go through the last week on my mission I'm trying to soak up every second because I know I'm not going to get this opportunity again for a LONG time, if ever.

I don't think I could have asked for a better last transfer though. We've been so busy every single second, doing all sorts of different things. It’s been great. I've had many opportunities to serve in various ways. For example, we've been getting home-teaching going in the ward for the first time ever! This week we spent a lot of time planning a Temple Trip for recent converts. I’ve also done some other things the mission wanted me to do before going home. This week Elder Fowler and I prepared two convert baptisms, gave trainings, helped some struggling missionaries in the zone, and somehow we’ve been able to squeeze in time to write letters to recent converts on top of all the regular everyday missionary stuff we do. It's been awesome! I feel like I might just go home on a stretcher though, which is perfect. I feel like that’s the way it's supposed to be. We serve with all our heart might mind and strength right? I've really found joy and satisfaction in working hard every day, going home knowing that you're making a difference because of your work.

Hey, those two baptisms we prepared happened this weekend!! It was amazing. I got the privilege of baptizing both these ladies. They are going to be great additions to our ward and strong members. Can't wait to introduce them to you guys! I can't wait for you to meet all these amazing people I've been working with over the past two years! See you soon!

Love, Elder Hicken

No comments: