Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Grudge

Dear Family and Friends,
Wow! I’ve only got like five minutes to write today. I didn’t write on Monday because we changed our P-day this week.  We helped someone move yesterday and it felt so good to serve.
So super quick update here:
Another baptism! Yay! Pictures coming...
Sebastian is doing great! Should be baptized here soon, and maybe his sister too. He's getting answers to his prayers as he's reading the Book of Mormon. Cool! I love how the Holy Ghost testifies of truth. Please pray that his dad’s heart will be softened this week when we ask his permission for Sebastian to be baptized.
Quick story...
So, in case you didn't know, I’m terrified of the “Grudge”, which is an, old beat up Cambodian apartment complex. It's a pretty scary experience for me whenever we knock this area, especially at night.  There are also a lot of dark houses in this area and inside these dark houses are Asians with long black hair. Anyways, so this week, it's day time and we're knocking houses. We knock on this first door and pretty soon ten little dogs come to door barking their heads off. (I hate dogs). We can't really hear anything but I thought I heard someone trying to speak. I'm trying to decide if somebody is talking to us on the other side of the door or not, so I put my face right up to the screen door and try to peak inside.  It’s the kind of screen door that you can't see through form the outside but the person on the inside can see you. (Everyone seems to have that kind of door here in Cali. It can make door contacts tricky). Anyways. So I’m peaking in the door, and about two inches from my face is this older Asian, Cambodian lady just staring back at me! I jumped 10 feet and totally freaked out!  Elder Fowler couldn't stop laughing. Turns out she's a really nice lady.

Okay gotta go. I love this gospel.

Love you
Elder Hicken

No comments: