Monday, November 12, 2012

Lots and Lots of Teaching, Looking for Progress

Hello!

So this week we taught a lot again, which was awesome! In fact, I think we even taught more than last week. The only problem is that our investigators are still not progressing. I think we're going to have to find new investigators.  But before we decide to drop our current investigators, we’re going to do all we can to get them to progress. We actually had a good lesson with Siang, one of our lesser progressing investigators. He said he will really try and be at church next week, so that is exciting. In the past he has said he doesn't feel the need to be re-baptized. However, I think if he can just make it out to church this Sunday, he might be willing to change his thinking on that. We've had some very good lessons lately with him, where the spirit has been really strong. I think he’s finally starting to feel the spirit.  That's our biggest thing lately, just to teach by the spirit as much as possible and then let them make choices.

Training is going well. I can't complain. Elder Sturgell is awesome and seems to be doing really well here in his second week! Language wise, he is coming right along too. He is just such a great, focused missionary. So we're really going to hit it hard this week and find someone who is prepared and ready to receive the gospel.

We work at this place called the "Cherry Complex". I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the reason it's called that may have something to do with the fact that it's on Cherry Ave and it's an apartment complex.J (movie quote-“Is that the Singing Bush?”)  Anyways, it's pretty awesome! It's like a mini Cambodia, where 95% of the people there are Cambodian.  And there’s Cambodia everywhere you turn-banana trees, dragon bone plants, incense, Buddha ancestor boxes, mini mirrors, and everything else Cambodian everywhere! We've got this map of the complex and we're planning on tracting the whole thing-like every single apartment.  We’re pumped.  If they're not home, we'll put a mark next to it and try going back later. We've just started doing this and already we’ve had three potentials that have come from it. That's something super nice that the Cambodians do for us, they always seem to live close together which makes finding much easier.  Anyways, it'll be fun to see where that takes us this week.

Unfortunately nothing crazy happened this week (no less actives stabbing each other, no recent converts going to jail, no people yelling at each other in Cambodian Sunday School, no seizures in sacrament meeting, no eating cow tongues etc...). It's probably the time change or something that's thrown everybody off. I'm sure it won't be long until we get back to the usual.

Thanks so much for your prayers and support!
Elder Hicken

No comments: