Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Elder CHICKEN's Temple trip and answered miracle

Dear Family,
        
       We went to the temple today so not very much time to write but it was AMAZING! WOW!  We were able  to go to the visitors center afterwards and talk with a Cambodian sister there. She was super excited. And let me tell you, the visitors center is almost as amazing as the temple! (almost) We definitely need to find a way to get our investigators over there! On the way up and back I was able to talk to Sunraa a lot.  It was really fun! She is not only an incredible member missionary but she is just way fun! Lots of laughs hahaha We call her Rafiki because her laugh is exactly like Rafiki from Lion King! :P Speaking of name calling, –dad, I don't know if this ever happened to you when you were on the mish, but all the kids call me Elder Chicken. I don't mind, I take it as a sign that they like me :)
       Elder Dain is going home here in two weeks. Crazy! He actually almost went home today. Friday night he refused to go out again and I had to call president.  I really want him to finish but he is struggling. We need to pray for him, as these next couple of weeks will be stressful, preparing to go home and all. From what I've gathered, things aren't good at home, so that’s got to be hard. All I can think is how blessed I am to have such an amazing family. Thank-you for all you do!
       Remember how last week I was praying for a miracle? Well it came! His name is Chon. He is 50 years old and Cambodian. We've taught him the last four days in a row, along with a member that he really seems to be connecting with. He's hard to understand sometimes.  It’s just the  typical Cambodian that talks a billion miles an  hour and super slangy, but I'm able to get the gist of things. Unfortunately he didn't come to church this week because of some freak coincidence: his meat from Cambodia came in early and he had to go pick it up. That darn Cambodian meat! I don't know if he's going to actually be able to get baptized before Elder Dain leaves but I still believe it was a miracle. We needed a solid investigator bad and Chon proved to be just that! I think it’s really got Elder Dain excited too because for the first time in a long time he actually pulled out his planner and participated in planning.  He even practice taught with me the next day! Also, the whole time I've been in this area, we've hardly had any referrals. This week we got SIX! WOW! I know that is not a coincidence either.

Love you all! Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement. It is felt!

Elder Hicken

No comments: