Friday, April 27, 2012

Week #8: Obedience, Piano Lessons, and a Call for Priesthood Stories!

     Sorry my last letter was a bit brief. I have been going over my time limit the last few weeks trying to cram in responses to people, but it has not been good. This week we have a goal to try to have exact obedience as a companionship. Going to bed at 10:30, waking up at 6:30, being to class on time, not listening to music, not reading letters until the end of the day and not going over the time limit for e-mailing. So these letters might be a bit more brief than what I've been sending out.
      I also want to take this opportunity to apologize for my slowly deteriorating English abilities. It gets bad sometimes, I'll forget how to spell something or replace "K" 's with "G" 's or "C" 's with "J" 's because in Romanized Cambodian the Cs make a J sound and the Ks make a G sound. And there's a bunch more weird things like that.
      Hey I just got done talking to Brennan. I was in the laundry room and since he's leaving Thursday (He was supposed to leave Monday but the visas are backed up so he'll be reassigned somewhere in the states before he gets to Argentina) he's getting his laundry done today, when we just happen to be here. He's doing good and he says Hey :)
      For everybody out there taking Piano lessons, keep it up! I understand now why people regret quitting. There are about 35 missionaries in our branch and only one Sister can play the piano. During priesthood we suffer because I'm the only one who can play even a little, aka we sing Praise to the Man almost every week. It's really useful to have someone who can play and people really respect and appreciate you for it. I pulled out the old violin the other day. It's not very good and I don't have very much memorized. Bummer. But it was still fun to play.
      Does anyone have some cool Priesthood Power experiences? We gave a lesson Sunday about it to help teach the Sisters about the priesthood and I think they'd love to hear more! I told them the story about Nathan being deaf when he was born. I hope I didn't butcher it. Mom/Dad can you send me that story?
      So Lookpu is supposed to be Baptized this Saturday! We are very excited but also stressed because we need to still teach about Tithing, and Fasting and fit in a Baptismal interview for him as well on Wednesday and Friday.
      Plus on Wednesday we're doing a companionship exchange which will be fun and interesting. A change will be good. We actually got our entire schedule changed. The MTC is trying some new program or something. Anyways that's why I'm writing earlier than usual. Oh quick fun thing I just remembered, our companionship has this motto, "Pray and Spray". Every time before we teach, we say a prayer and then spray Listerine. Haha We have a really good time in our companionship. I find it helps to come up with little fun things like that. Okay well that's all I have time for. Love you all! Thanks for all you do! I'm praying for you too!

 Elder Hicken

No comments: