Dear family and friends,
In my last few weeks here as a missionary I've been so blessed. We have some really awesome investigators to teach. They all have the potential to be baptized before I leave! A couple of them even showed up to stake conference yesterday which means they are really solid! The last investigators I had that showed up to stake conference got baptized. This is really keeping me focused on the work, and so it doesn't leave time for me to be "trunky" haha.
I must say I'm very excited for you guys to come visit before I leave. I can’t wait to show you around. I want you to meet the different members I’ve been working with, and I want to show you several places in Long Beach. The people here are so amazing. They have such incredible faith, in spite of all they've been through. And they continue to go through trials but stay strong. I'm going to miss this a lot! I know it. I'm trying to soak up every moment.
Our zone is doing very well. Our vision is written on our "title of liberty" flag--"The LBC Zone Discovers What We Can Do". We introduced it this week, along with several other general goals. Wow, the missionaries have really caught the vision. We had one of the best weeks ever when we saw all the numbers come in! We have companionships reaching new heights, working harder than they have ever worked before. They are achieving things they thought were out of their reach, and doing things they never thought were possible! Something our mission president has been saying a lot lately is "we have no idea what we're capable of". I think that's really true. As sons and daughters of God we actually have part of Him in us. We have incredible potential! We've really been learning that as a zone. When we set worthy goals and plans, ask for the Lord's help, and then go out there and do everything we can to achieve them, He blesses us. It's amazing how things work out when you follow that pattern.
Please keep praying for Sreymom, Malyn and Narin. They are making wonderful progress right now and they are so close to baptism! I hope they will get baptized.
Okay sorry for the short e-mail. We gotta run. Have a great week!
Love, Elder Hicken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment