This week has been exhausting! And daylight savings time didn't help.
When I said six hours of studying a day, that's with a teacher (who finally starting speaking some english which was a relief!) who is standing at the front of the classroom teaching but really if you count comp, personal and language study, we study for 10 hours a day. Everyone is just really tired but i'm sure we will adapt!
Honestly this week has been kind of a blurr. Friday night however, one of my companions Elder Scott got stitches, and we got to go to the clinic with him in the outside world which was awesome! Then the next day I sprained my ankle! It's not bad, I was on crutches for a night but it is absolutely amazing how quickly it is healing. I'm walking around, walking up and down stairs now, swelling has gone down and bruising is starting to go away. Honestly, I could probably play basketball tomorrow but I think I'll give it a week just to be safe. But what a miracle!
And then that same night, one of the other Elders got really sick and then the next day Elder Scott broke his nose in basketball! Also I forgot to mention one of the sisters got sick too! It just hasn't been a great week for our district health wise!!
Anyway, while I'm on the topic, everyday we see these two Elders, one is in a wheel chair and the other has a significantly disabilitating limp. The other day we asked them where they are going to serve and they said they have both been out a year working at the MTC as online missionaries teaching people over the internet. What an amazing example! It's so sweet to see them together going to and from the computer lab everyday. The Elder in the wheel chair will be holding the other Elders's food and rolling at an extremely slow pace as his companion is hobbling next to him. I just told them to keep up the good work and that they inspire me. They chose to serve Heavenly Father despite their disabilities and do all that they can. This truly has strengthened my testimony because if they can be out here and be as happy as they are, working everyday just sitting at a computer, they must know the church is true and I better be working my rear off and doing all that I can with the healthy body God has blessed me with.
Anyway, Sunday was really cool too. I had a bunch of meetings and I had forgotten to prepare a lesson for district meeting. So i asked my awesome companions if they would be willing to help me out. We had fifteen minutes to prepare a 45 min lesson on the book of Mormon. The lesson was going OK and then it got to the end and I started to bear my testimony. The spirit was strong. Honestly I don't even know if what I said made any sense but the Spirit was definitely there and the Elders said I did a great job. I'm so grateful for the Spirit and it's so cool to see it working through me.
As far as the language goes, we keep learning and progressing tons! Yesterday we starting learned how to read and write script. We read in circles! And there aren't spaces in between words! whenever there are spaces it's like a comma or a period. Anyway, tons of memorizing to do but using our book I could actually read and write at an extremely slow pace. It's kinda complicated too but still, it's so cool!!!! Very exciting!
50 secs left so gotta go, love you all and thanks for the letters! I feel so loved!!!!
Elder Hicken


No comments:
Post a Comment